Friday, March 24, 2006

Devils and Dust - Bruce Springsteen (concepts) Pt.2

Okay, the swirls are still there but I've toned them back a bit. I do think they were not working as well on the original preview of vol 2 as well as the inlay.

Remember it's still just layout ideas for now so some things may change.











Here's the design for the dual cases that I will do for vol 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8 and 9&10. Vol 11 will just be the standard single cd cover from the other set. There was a comment that some people don't like the 0 in the volume names. I'm not fussed about dropping it. As a designer I do like it. It makes the numbers look more 'meaty' and makes them the same width as the double digit ones so if anyone wants to comment I'd be happy to go with public opinion.



Here is my current design for the dual case inlay with the double track listing. (It is not easy to fit all that info on a small space).



I'll probably do the cover as a gatefold book for the dual case editions with a full list of tour dates on it so the track dates can be referenced to a performance.

Feel free to leave any comments or suggestion.

1 Comments:

  • Very nice covers indead!

    I like the dual disc inlay presented here a lot. And your idea about letting the front cover to be a gatefold showing the dates of the shows on the inside sounds very good. The toned down swirls are great....they adds life to the nice dark D&D theme.

    If you create single case covers for each volume I´d like to see the 0 in the volume number...but if you go for dual disc covers (which I hope!) I think it looks better without.

    Thanks for taking your time creating covers for us Springsteen-fans and asking us for opinions! :-)

    Best wishes,
    Alf

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, March 24, 2006 2:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home